- High in Calcium and Magnesium, this seaweed is highly recommended to keep the bones in good form.
- The Alginate and Agar present in all Laminaria species help the stomach and colon functions.
- The high Iodine content makes it a great ingredient for helping a slimming diet.
- The taste of this seaweed is quite acceptable.
- When cooked with legumes (beans, peas, etc.) it will neutralise the formation of unwanted air in the stomach.
- Once cooked in sauces or soups it will be very difficult to distinguish this seaweed taste from any other green vegetable.
- Laminaria is a concentrated natural Umami source, able to enhance the flavour of the food without need to add any salt or stock cube.
|Vitamin C||12-18 ppm|
|Vitamin B1||5 ppm|
|Vitamin B2||22 ppm|
|Vitamin B3||34 ppm|
|Vitamin B12||0.6-0.12 ppm|
|Heavy metals ||< 3 ppm|