SALANN (Salt replacement)

SALANN - Extract of Kelp Seaweed (with natural content of Umami) and Carragheen Seaweed in Purified Concentrated Sea Water from  Bia Farraige Árann, Organic Seaweed Products,  Inis Mor, Aran Islands, County Galway, Ireland

Extract of Kelp Seaweed with natural content of Umami - which is a flavour enhancer and Carragheen Seaweed in Purified concentrated seawater from Inis Mor, Aran Islands, Ireland

Description: Dense liquid with characteristic pleasant marine smell.
Usage: As an alternative to sea salt.

Comparing Salann to common Salt:

The so-called Table Salt that is normally used in the kitchen is composed of 98% sodium chloride and 2% traces of elements. It also contains an anticaking agent, which can be slightly toxic when diluted with Vinegar or other acidic condiments.

The best non-refined Sea Salt on the market contains 86% sodium chloride and 14% microelements.

SALANN, instead, contains max 24% Sodium chloride. The remaining 76% is composed of a myriad of essential microelements, in addition to other nutrients as specified in the Salann Technical Data information. It doesn’t contain any added chemicals.

The Sea salt normally available on the market is extracted from seawater. The most used Sea salt is produced in warm-climate Countries, where seawater evaporates under the sun, gathered in outdoor ponds. If seawater is polluted or contaminated with micro plastic particles, these negative elements will be present in the final product.

In northern European countries, seawater is concentrated by means of high temperatures until crystals are obtained. In this case, it would be less polluted than the salt produced in warm Countries, but the seawater important components for human health would be penalized by the high temperatures needed for evaporation.

SALANN is composed of filtered and purified seawater, taken from one of the cleanest seas in the world (Aran Islands, Ireland), we add freshly harvested organic seaweed Kelp (Laminaria digitata) and Carragheen (Chondrus crispus), and the extraction process is operated with a special ultrasound system.

SALANN can be diluted to taste for all kind of foods, or it can be packed in bottles with pump to spray the seasoning directly on the ready-to-serve food (100ml).

We use UVAG bottles, because they allow the optimal preservation of the active ingredients contained in the product, and make the lifespan far superior, even if the packages are exposed to sunlight.

The 100ml Spray bottle is the ideal to dose the condiment at the desired taste with no waste.

Three sprays are the average dose for a dish. Every bottle of 100ml contains 1000 sprays.

Also available as a 5lt drum for restaurants. 10lt bottles or larger quantities are available on demand. Please contact for larger drums by order.

See also Salann Technical Data


Size Type